Founded by dentist sisters Lisa and Vanessa Creaven, Spotlight teeth whitening strips that can be used at home launched in Dubai.
Spotlight has an active ingredient in its strips, a low dose of hydrogen peroxide that generally does not cause sensitivity unlike other products available on the market. This active ingredient is utilised in professional whitening products, making it a highly effective treatment.
Dr. Lisa and Vanessa Creaven spotted a gap in the teeth whitening market, expressing, “Hydrogen Peroxide is the ingredient needed to whiten teeth and for the results to last. As Dentists, we know of, and have tried so many of the products available on the shelves and the reality is they do not work. We have managed to come up with a gentle formula which will noticeably whiten your teeth without causing discomfort or sensitivity, and the results last. There are so many myths surrounding hydrogen peroxide but when formulated by professionals and with the regulated amount it is the only effective whitening solution.”
How to use Spotlight Teeth White Strips: Simply place the strips on your top and bottom teeth, wear for one hour per day over a two-week period to maximise the potential results.
The Spotlight Whitening formula is designed to keep teeth white for up to six months.
The home kit is available at Supercare Pharmacies across the UAE for AED 295 per kit and each kit contains an additional tooth sensitive gel and comforting gum oil.
For more visit www.spotlightwhitening.com
Costa UAE launched its festive drinks and treats in its Jumeirah drive-thru outlet in Dubai.
The evening had everyone in festive spirits with lots of yummy treats.
The most exciting thing about the evening was creating your own coffee art with any of your photographs. It was simple and quick.
All we had to do was send a photo through airdrop to the person handling this machine, who then sent it to the machine and pressed the ok button. You then put your coffee cup and voila! your photo is on your coffee.
It not only looked beautiful but it was so much fun to see the photograph on the coffee and then to wonder weather to drink it or frame it.
There are a number of festive coffees and cupcakes and sweets for the season.
The 22nd season of Global Village is here and there’s an exciting line up of activities and entertainment.
Here’s are the details of the park:
o Dates: November 01, 2017 until April 07, 2018 (a total of 158 Days)
o Park timings: From Saturday to Wednesday from 4:00pm-12:00am
Thursday, Friday, and Public Holidays from 4:00pm-1:00am
o Mondays are dedicated to Families and Ladies only
o 2 Main Entry Gates:
o Gate of the World
o Cultural Gate
o Entry Ticket: AED 15
o Children under 3: free entry
o People of Determination with one companion each: free entry
o Seniors above 65: free entry
o Tickets also available online through www.globalvillage.ae and mobile application (Global Village Dubai)
o The packs will be available at selected EPPCO and ENOC petrol stations around the UAE, and selected Aswaaq and Union Coop branches. List of sales points at website.
o The Family Pack is sold for AED 99 and contains:
§ 4 entry tickets
§ Carnaval card valued at AED 75
§ 1 valet parking ticket
§ 2 Mini Train Tickets
Enhancements on Infrastructure
o Addition of 300 extra parking lots to total 18,300
o 10,000+ tress planted in parking area and around Global Village
o New designated motorbike parking
o New themed arches at Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed entrances
o New traffic signages
o 2 new RTA Buses routes (total 4 routes) – 102 from Al Rashidiya Metro Station and 106 from Mall of the Emirates Metro Station
o New train and free shuttle buses stations at parking areas for comfort of guests
o Upgraded and themed pathways for pedestrians in GV Boulevard (from parking zones to gates)
o New road lanes for easy access to Buses and Taxis parking zone
o 18,000 LED Festoon lights across common areas
o Additional green areas around Global Village for a total of 50,000+ sq.m.
o Increase in number of themed benches for a total of 500+
o Upgraded Main Cultural Stage with state of the art A/V features
o New LED screen on top of stage
o Roof lighting Special Effects
o Dedicated ladies and children area during concerts
o 16 information screens across common and service areas
o 7 designated smoking areas
o New Partners Happiness Centre for servicing Global Village internal partners
Carnaval: a brand new funfair experience
o 28 exhilarating rides for Families, Children and Thrill seekers
o 34 skill games
o 100+ Arcade games in a unique Arcade building.
o Special theming with lights, music and ambiance reflecting a carnival theme from across the world
o Rides and skill games have been named after most famous cities in the world to reflect the Global Village brand of bringing the world together
o More than 75 cultures represented through 27 Pavilions
o 3,500+ outlets
o New Pavilions – Bosnia & Balkans Pavilion and South Asia Pavilion that represents the cultures of Sri Lanka, Bangladesh & Nepal. In addition to the returning:
1. Afghanistan Pavilion
2. Africa Pavilion
3. Bahrain & Oman Pavilion
4. China Pavilion
5. Egypt Pavilion
6. Europe Pavilion
7. Far East (Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Philippines) Pavilion
8. India Pavilion
9. Iran Pavilion
10. Iraq Pavilion
11. Jordan Pavilion
12. KSA Pavilion
13. Kuwait Pavilion
14. Morocco Pavilion
15. Pakistan Pavilion
16. Russia Pavilion
17. Syria Pavilion
18. Thailand Pavilion
19. Turkey Pavilion
20. UAE Pavilion
21. Yemen Pavilion
22. Americas Pavilion
23. Lebanon Pavilion
With Khalifa Foundation Pavilion operated by Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan Foundation and AlSanaa Pavilion operated by Ministry of Human Development.
Dining – A gastronomic delight
o 23 Restaurants & Cafes:
1. Taco Barrio Restaurant – Mexican (New)
2. KEBAPCI – Turkish (New)
3. Kebab House – Arabic (New)
4. iWok – Chinese (New)
5. Strawcolate Chocolate Coffee Shop (New)
6. Cupa Gahwa Coffee Shop (New)
7. Al Yola Traditional Coffee Shop – Emirati (New)
8. Fruit Valley (New)
9. Grand Barbeque Restaurant – Indian
10. KFC Restaurant – Fast Food
11. Pizza Hut Restaurant – Fast Food
12. Maraheb Restaurant – Yemeni
13. Hyderabadi Dum Biryani Restaurant – Indian
14. Bosnian House Restaurant – Bosnian
15. Moulouk Al Shawarma Restaurant – Arabic
16. Guns & Cowboys Steakhouse Restaurant – American
17. Kebab Shiraz Restaurant – Iranian
18. Al Haaj Bundoo Khan’s Restaurant – Pakistani
19. Papa Junior Restaurant – Thai
20. Bab Tuma Restaurant – Arabic
21. Sadaf Restaurant – Iranian
22. Al Dahhan Restaurant – Egyptian
23. Turkway Restaurant – Turkish
o Best international street food experience in the region
o 120+ F&B kiosks
o Cuisines from all over the world. From Far East to Middle East, from Asia to Europe and Africa and Americas
o 80+ resident cast auditioned from UAE, London, India, Chin
o 23 concerts with international superstars every Friday of the season at 9pm.
o Main Stage Anchor Shows Produced by GV Entertainment Team
o Viva Bollywood 2
o High Voltage
o Tall Tales
o Across Arabia
o City Jam 2
o International Award Winning Cultural Shows
o Beyond Bollywood
o Shaolin Monks
o The Silk Road
o Monster Stunt Show
o 20+ Unique Street Entertainment Performances
o Kids shows of international characters:
o Chhota Bheem
o Angry Birds
o 3 New Globo Shows
o Overall 12,000+ Cultural and Entertainment Shows
o Targeting 3,000 performers (groups or individuals) from the UAE community
o A place for community to showcase their talents. From singing, painting, dancing, musical instruments playing and any special skills
o From November 13, 2017 to February 2, 2018
Community Outreach Programs
o Victory Project:
o 100 schools will create sculptures of the three-finger salute. Sculptures will be displayed at Global Village
o Schools Cultural Edutainment & Interactive Programs:
o Visiting 100+ schools across UAE and engaging with 40,000+ students through interactive activations and cultural
Others Facts & Figures:
o Park Size: 1.6 million square meter
o Number of Staff: 10,000+ of 90+ Nationalities
o Park Facilities:
o Money Exchange
o Lost & Found Desk
o Mothers’ Rooms
o Prayer Rooms
o 3 Information Booths (How Can We Make You Happy Kiosks)
o Washroom Facilities with wheel chair access
o Guests Happiness Centre
o Dubai Police’s AlAmeen Room
o Guided Tour Services
o 300+ Baby strollers
o 400+ Shopping Trolleys
o 70+ Porters
o 100+ Wheelchairs
o 12 Ticketing Vending Machines
o 5 Mobile Charging Units
o 10 EZ Taxi Club Cars
School has started in full swing and September is the time when many kids fall sick. Fisrt time nursery going kids and parents have a few extra challenges and fears.
Children cared for at day care centres exhibit a three times greater risk of acquiring infections, especially colds and diarrhoea, than children cared for at home. There are several factors that influence the risks for introduction and spread of infections in child-care settings.
These factors include:
1. The personal hygiene and health status of the caregivers and the children.
2. The condition of the facility (e.g. environmental sanitation, space and quality, food-
handling practices, policies for attendance, etc.).
3. The characteristics of the infectious agent that determine its potential to spread in a
Kids First Group in UAE has done a research with their school parents and found that a major concern for parents and nursery owners is keeping children safe and healthy.
Boecker, a public health company, in cooperation with the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) – UK, has created the Safe ChildCare certification programme, a globally recognised certification that ensures that day care centres abide by international standards covering all major safety issues, in order to reassure parents and organise the work of child care centres’ owners.
AbdulHadi Chalak, country manager and Boecker Public Health, outlines the major safety issues that parents should look out for:
1. Licensing standards: Meeting at least minimum licensing requirements is the first step to measuring quality and showing the management’s commitment to providing children with the best environment for safe development and growth.
2. Adequate supervision: There should be adequate caregiver-to-child ratios and a specified group size in the classrooms based on the provided space and the age of admitted children, in a way to assure an appropriate level of adult supervision.
3. Qualified staff: Care providers should be qualified and trained on the basics of child safety and health.
4. Childproofing: As children in nurseries are still learning to balance while walking and are curiosity about exploring the surrounding environment, there is scope for accidents and injuries. It is important to make sure that the spaces are childproofed and that play areas are clean and in good condition.
5. Transmission of illnesses: This is expected in day care centres, however, preventive measures can be implemented.
6. Healthy and safe behaviours: It should be evident to parents that the day care is a healthy and safe place where staff and children wash their hands frequently, surfaces are being cleaned regularly and babies are being put to sleep on their backs. These practices can prevent germs from spreading and keep children and staff safe and healthy.
7. Food safety: Improper handling of food can result in food poisoning incidents and health threatening allergic reactions.
8. Medication and toxic substances: Accidental poisoning is one of the leading causes of injury and death among young children. Always make sure that medicines (when available) and cleaning products are stored in locked childproofed cabinets out of children’s reach and that there’ s a strict medication administration policy.
9. Emergency plan: This should cover all kinds of incidences that may occur during operating hours, including health-related accidents, natural disasters, fire, etc.
10. Staff turnover: Low staff turnover allows children to develop lasting relationships with caregivers. This results from good management practices which focus on teachers’ needs and wellbeing. When teachers are happy, they are more likely to treat children with warmth and positivity.
11. Open-door policy: A safe nursery encourages parents to observe and ask questions, before or after enrolling. This includes checking how teachers wash their hands, how they handle the emotional needs of the children, how staff interact with the children and with each other, etc.
Founded in the US, 9Roundis a few month old in Dubai and is a specialized “30 minute” fitness centre.
The concept is having a workout without being locked into rigid class times. With exercise routines changing daily, 9Round offers a kickboxing themed, full body fitness programme that incorporates functional, interval, cardiovascular, and circuit training regimens, consisting of a proprietary system of nine challenging workout stations developed by a World Champion Kickboxer.
You can arrive when it is suitable to your schedule to start the 30 minute circuit at any time, always supported by a certified 9Round Trainer.
Here’s what happens when you reach 9Round:
● Show up at your convenience; there are no class times
● Trainer wraps your hands for support when punching
● Use heart rate training to stay in your target fat burning zone
● Trainer shows you how to do each exercise based on your fitness level
● Every three minutes, you move to the next exercise station
● After station nine, your 30-minute full-body workout is over
● Access 9Round Nutritional Guidance & one-on-one support
Stations 1 and 2 focus on cardio & strength using dumbbells, kettlebells, medicine balls, jump ropes and other equipment.
Stations 3 until 8 feature Kickbox fitness wherein you punch and kick heavy bags to build power, double end bags to increase coordination and timing, and speed bags to develop shoulder conditioning and speed.
Station 9 is all about Abs & core where you can tighten and strengthen all the muscles in one of the most common trouble spots, which improves your ability to perform any movement you do for work, exercise, or leisure.
We went with one of our viewers who is taking up the 9-week body transformation challenge, which we will be following.
We found the workout intense and quite exhausting as we had never kickboxed or tried this kind of an exercise routine.
We will be following Mehul’s journey through videos, so keep coming back.
Being a sports enthusiast, I have always wanted to try paddle boarding.
I finally got a chance to do a class with Dukite in Dubai. We started at 7am at Jumeirah Fishing harbour.
My instructor Nic Muhl explained some stuff about the inflatable board, its size, where is the handle, proper place to stand and gave some instructions on how tall the paddle should be and how to hold it for the perfect technique.
After the 10 minute theory, we pushed the paddles into the water. I got on to it and was kneeling and paddling for a bit, before I attempted to stand. And stand I did, without falling.
RELATED: More fitness classes to try in Dubai
It was then testing my paddling skills and trying to turn, paddle and go far and wide. There were no major waves, so I was standing throughout the session.
In the 45 minute session, I learnt how to stand properly, where to put my weight, how to turn and paddle fast. While, paddling, saw some fish including a number of jelly fish.
It was a full body workout, as you are using your legs and hands and keeping your weight in the right direction.
Though it was still very hot in the morning, the spot is beautiful to do paddle boarding. You get to see the Burj Al Arab and Burj Khalifa in the distance.
I am definitely going back to do this. Looks like I am going to get addicted.
Costa Coffee UAE launched Nitro Cold Brew in its Jumeirah drive-thru branch in Dubai.
The launch was accompanied by a HIIT workout, specially designed for the nitro cold brew.
Nitro Cold Brew starts as a cold brew made with a single origin Arabica Colombian roast and steeped for 20 hours in fresh, filtered water. The cold brew coffee is then pored through a tap that infuses the drink with nitrogen for a smooth, creamy taste.
Served from the tap, into a frosted glass, the cascading coffee has bubbles that need to settle.
If you love coffee then nitro cold brew is for you, however, if you like it sweet, you can add either caramel or vanilla flavour to it.
Its supposedly guilt-free as Costa claims the nitro cold brew is 1 calorie per mug and after adding the syrup its 3 calories.
We tasted the one with caramel syrup and must say the experience of it being poured from the tap to us waiting for the bubbles settle and then sip was quite intriguing. The coffee was smooth and gave us an instant kick.
This is available in Costa’s Jumeirah drive-thru and dnata building in Business Bay stores, with three other outlets set to offer it in the coming weeks.
Taste it and let us know your experience.
Deliveroo and Barry’s Bootcamp Dubai teamed up to help achieve the ultimate summer body.
It was an afternoon of workout, food and perfect hair.
We started with the bootcamp class which was intense and fun. From running, squats, lunges to jumps, it was a full body workout and we all came out sweating and tired.
We were then offered some super nutritious, healthy and delicious food by Deliveroo. Black lemonade, juices, energy balls to salads, we had it all.
And then there Blowout and Go stylists ready with their wands to make our hair perfect. My hair was braided, while others got some hairdos done.
It was a truly healthy and active afternoon.
There are various types of yoga and yoga instructors. We tried the one at Mad About Dance Studio in Dubai.
The first of the eight classes in the workshop was all about technique and easing into the world of yoga.
The instructor, Sucheta, started by asking if we had any issues with any body parts or injuries. Once all was clear, we concentrated on the breathing technique and learnt how to breathe right.
Slowly and steadily we tried out a few basic yoga poses that were not very tough. The one-hour session made our body relaxed and thoroughly stretched.
The class also corrected my posture, though I need to make a conscious decision to keep that in mind when not in a yoga class.
Yoga certainly helps a lot in leading a healthier lifestyle and I am surely looking forward to having a better posture and learning to breathe right.
Etihad museum in Dubai traces the steps of the unification of the UAE.
Its a mix of the old and the new. The modern white futuristic building houses photos, library, reading room, rooms for films and the constitution.
Our tour started inside the modern building where a guide took us through the process the unification of the Emirates in 1971.
We also visited the Union House, where the unification took place and has been kept in its original form.
We were then taken to the guest palace that can accommodate 300 guests, has an office, a majlis, a dining area and rooms, has been restored.
Inside the museum there photos charting the history of UAE, be it of the founding fathers, the ports to the flags that were used by the 7 emirates before the unification.
The museum has all the technology you can think of. It has a lot of audio visual elements which are very interactive. There are 2 films that are played out as well with one in 3D.
The original constitution is also kept in the museum with a backdrop of a gold wall on which words are displayed visually.
Our tour ended with a gastronomic experience at Seven Sands where we had a sumptuous Emirati meal made out of fresh local ingredients.
Their date pudding is the best we have ever tasted and we can safely say that it is the best in the country.
The entrance to the museum is AED 25 for adults and AED 10 for children.
Etihad museum is the place for your culture and history fix in Dubai.